encourage early mouthing experiences that support the transition from midline tongue exploration to lateral jaw movement. This transition facilitates the development of the masseter muscle so critical for mature speech production as well as biting and chewing skills.
- Encourages up/down jaw motion – Practice needed for developing biting and chewing skills, and important for later speech production.
- Encourages side to side tongue movement – Skill needed to move food side to side in chewing
- Allows proper and natural growth of the hard palate – Does not indent baby’s malleable palate.
- Encourages variation in sound production – The mouth is open and available for sound exploration.
- Allows an open mouth for breathing – Helpful when a child has a cold and the nose is stuffed up.
- Encourages tiny hands to grasp Chewy Q and place in mouth – Supports hand to mouth coordination and self- regulation of biting by baby.
- Promotes proper alignment of the upper and lower dentition as teeth erupt.
Chewy Q's contain no latex, lead, PVC, PBA or phthalates. All materials are non-toxic.
Recommended by speech pathologists for healthy mouth development.